All primary schools are now in receipt of £16,000 per year ( a payment of £10 per pupil) for Sports Premium. Our commitment to sport and activity is to ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to be involved in a range of sports and different activities that promote health and well-being.
This funding allows us to spend our Sports Premium money on effectively encouraging sport and leadership through a range of different incentives for staff and pupils. This includes coaching, staff and pupil training, parental training and involvement, gifted and talented and low self-esteem workshops and a range of opportunities for pupil development in sports leadership.
The funding has been used in the following ways:
- Purchase of Real PE scheme for the school
- Purchase a new trim trail and a traversing wall
- New sport playground markings
- Training for teachers and midday supervisors
- Playground Leader Training
The Outcomes have been:
- Running the daily mile since 2016
- Delete in 2014/15 and add netball club
- Delete Juy 2015 (MUGA date)
- Spelling of utilising
At Bythams we are delighted to have been informed that the Sports Premium has been guaranteed now until 2020 meaning we can expand our sports and health opportunities for an extended period of time and provide our pupils with continued opportunities for the foreseeable future.